Book 4 of 4 - External Means by which God Invites Us into the Society of Christ and Holds Us Therein
Chapter 7 - History of the Papacy: From origin to current oppressive state
23-30 - the later papacy
23. Rome is not the primary bishop, even if they once were, because the Roman bishop is not a true bishop according to the mark of the church.
24. Rome used to be mother of churches but has apostatized, grasping for power, persecuting the true church.
25. The pope is the antichrist of 2 Thess. 2:3-7, especially verse 4, sitting in God's temple boasting and blaspheming.
26. "The papacy itself is directly contrary to church order."
27. The recent popes have shown themselves by their lives to be practical atheists.
28. Even if they "betrayed it only in table, in bedchamber, or at least within walls," there is John XXII's error that "souls are mortal and die along with bodies until the day of resurrection."
29. Churchmen live with reckless moral abandon at Rome while popes wink and nod at them. If Rome used to be the head of the church, she is no longer "worthy of being regarded among the smallest toes of the church's feet."
30. Office of cardinal was equal to bishop, when Gregory first mentions it, but now it surpasses bishop, somehow. Malachi 2:8-9 applies to Rome: "But you have departed from the way; you have caused many to stumble at the law. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi,” says the Lord of hosts. “Therefore I also have made you contemptible and base before all the people, because you have not kept My ways, but have shown partiality in the law.”